GSK’s global procurement business has employees operating across 50 countries, a truly global business.
Our organisation does more than just buying goods and services to support our patients and consumers worldwide, procurement helps bring innovation and value to the entire business.
This could be bringing a new respiratory product technology from our suppliers to our patients or creating a value driven ad campaign with our social media partners to reach new consumers in emerging markets.
What do we look for in a candidate?
- A genuine interest in procurement, the commercial world and the healthcare industry
- A true business partner who can build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong problem solving skills driven by curiosity
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Ability to adapt to change and work under pressure
- The drive and confidence to trust your own judgement
- Strong project management skills and prioritising a variety of tasks
"Making sure that good and reliable suppliers are chosen in my daily work is vital to the continuity of our production. Whatever job you do at GSK, there’s always a real sense that our work plays a part in improving patients’ lives.
What will you do
- Demonstrate project leadership by developing purchasing and negotiation strategies
- The opportunity to negotiate at a senior/executive management level with GSK’s supply base
- Deliver profit and loss (P&L) impact to the business to support GSK’s commercial objectives
- Partner with business functions such as finance and legal with the opportunity to lead contract negotiations and review financial proposals
- The opportunity to manage spend across multiple functions, including marketing, manufacturing, research
- Bring creative and innovative solutions to the business to drive change
- Build leadership and management capabilities through the opportunity to mentor and coach others and lead project teams
Experience and rotations
to progress your career into leadership roles in the pharmaceutical industry
across direct and indirect procurement with an international perspective
This two-year career path offers you an outstanding opportunity to support the commercial ambitions of GSK and progress your career into senior leadership roles in the pharmaceutical industry. You will receive a solid grounding in procurement management through a variety of challenging rotations across direct and indirect procurement with an international perspective that will push you to your limits. This will be underpinned by the appropriate levels of support and training.
You will be given direct responsibility to manage spend across various categories, working closely with colleagues and stakeholders to deliver value to your customer and ultimately the patient or consumer.
What happens next
Upon completion of the program, Future Leaders move into category management roles with full accountability for an area of business spend. Half of the graduates in previous years have moved to international roles in GSK building their skills in other markets and regions.
Beyond this, graduates have gone on to lead their own teams and move into director or other senior management roles in GSK.
Belgium, Singapore, United Kingdom, USA, Brazil
Discover our benefits
Discover more about the rewards, training, development and mentoring opportunities we offer.
If you’re a talented, ambitious student or graduate and share our values, this two or three-year programme is an amazing opportunity to build leadership skills and start your career with one of the world’s leading scientific businesses.