Cannock Chase Commissioning Consortium, Staffordshire and Stoke NHS Partnership
Cannock Chase Commissioning Consortium, Staffordshire and Stoke NHS Partnership and GlaxoSmithKline are engaged in a Joint Working Project to enhance the management of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) to a standard of care defined by NICE (National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence).
Both parties have committed resources to support this project, which will run from October 2011 – October 2012.
The objective of this Joint Working project is to improve quality and productivity in the management of patients with COPD within the Clinical Commissioning Group.
It is designed to support:
- Equity of service delivery across all practices in the Clinical Commissioning Group through the education of Healthcare professionals.
- The promotion of disease prevention and the earlier identification of patients with COPD through healthcare professional education
- Accurate diagnosis and classification of disease with access to high quality information
- Prevention of COPD exacerbations through improved patient review and appropriate use of medications in line with NICE guidelines.
- Improving the quality of COPD referrals to secondary care and community teams
For further information please contact
GSK UK Customer contact centre on: 0800 221 441
April 2013 UK/RESP/0218a/11(1)