StHealth Clinical Commisioning Group and GSK(osteoporosis)
StHealth Clinical Commissioning Consortium (GPCC), St Helens & Knowsley NHS Trust and GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) UK working in partnership to understand the current management of patients with osteoporosis within this locality.
Both parties have committed resources to support this project, which will run from October 2011 to September 2012.
The objective of this Joint Working project is to understand the current management of osteoporosis within StHealth Clinical Commissioning Consortium and if necessary develop plans for ensuring it conforms to NICE guidelines and standards of care.
To gain insight into the following areas in pilot practices within StHealth GPCC equalling list size of 73,550:
- How patients diagnosed with osteoporosis are currently managed
- Patient Compliance to current treatment regimes including both prescription count and patient experience
- The management of patients who have had a low trauma fracture who may or may not have been diagnosed with osteoporosis
- The management of patients on long term oral corticosteroid treatment regimes with regard to bone health
- Understand adherence to current guidance.
- Evaluate current patient experience and satisfaction with current pathway
- Patients identified as being sub-optimally managed in phase 1 will be recalled and reviewed as per existing guidance by an appropriately qualified healthcare professional
- Depending on the outcomes from phase 1 then there is an opportunity to improve the identification and management of patients diagnosed with osteoporosis or at risk of a fracture across the GPCC.
For further information please contact:
Helen Philpot, Area Business Manager, GSK.
Karen Fox, Integrated Healthcare Manager, GSK.
UK/PPM/0065/10 - June 2011