Westmorland Primary Care Collaborative (WPCC) on behalf of NHS Cumbria and GlaxoSmithKline
Joint Working Project Declaration
Westmorland Primary Care Collaborative on behalf of NHS Cumbria and GlaxoSmithKline UK Ltd are engaged in Joint Working to help enhance the management of patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) to a standard of care defined by NICE (National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence) COPD Guidelines.
Both parties have committed resources to support this project, which will run from December 2011 – December 2012.
The objective of this Joint Working project is to improve quality and productivity in the management of patients with COPD within Westmorland Primary Care Collaborative practices.
It is designed to help:
- Deliver improved patient outcomes by raising standards from a Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) standard of care to a management of COPD in line with NICE COPD Guideline 2010.
- Improve healthcare equality by reducing variability in the management of COPD across practices within WPCC.
- Increase use of existing resources namely the South Lakes Community Respiratory Team and COPD Resource pack.
- Increase and improve patient review and use of appropriate medicines in line with NICE COPD Guideline 2010 to help achieve high quality care for patients.
- Reduce the number of non elective COPD admissions.
For further information please contact:
GSK UK Customer Contact Centre: +44 (0)800 221 441
Date of preparation March 2013