Exciting minds with our Future Leaders graduate programme – Clinical Programming
Remodel data delivery
Experience cutting edge methods in coding and data science, develop basic statistical skills through exposure to Statisticians, and learn about the R&D processes and how data science methods can be brought to bear on its challenges.
We’re looking for Future Leaders in Clinical Programming
Are you an innovative graduate with a degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or a related discipline? If so you could help us define and implement strategies to modernise data delivery for clinical development.
Our Clinical Programmers work globally, spread across several regions (UK, US and India) and they provide leadership and accountability for all programming aspects for medicines within all phases of drug development.
Develop your career
Your Future Leaders Programme will include three, stretching 12-month rotations to build your technical capabilities. You’ll spend your first 12 months in the role for which you have been hired (Clinical Programming). Your next two rotations will be in critical roles supporting Standards, Efficiencies and Statistical Data Sciences.
You’ll be part of a vibrant scientific community and will never be far from an expert who can help you learn, grow and contribute to our business.
You career progression
We’ll tailor your rotations to meet your needs as well as those of the areas you’re working in. You will be exposed to cutting-edge methods in coding and data science, develop basic statistical skills through exposure to statisticians in the team, and learn about the R&D processes and how data science methods can be brought to bear on its challenges. You’ll be involved in the “upskill” of biostatistics, with regard to common data science methods and philosophy, and apply these skills on specific projects related to clinical development work. It all adds up to a role that’s designed to transform talented graduates into key, senior figures of our future.
What can you expect?
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- collaborate with top clinical scientists and operational experts in the delivery of clinical trial results to progress medicines through drug development
- gain insights into defining programming strategies for clinical trial reporting and regulatory submissions (planning and execution)
- be encouraged to consider opportunities for the introduction of innovative approaches to improve standard processes.
- help drive capability development across Clinical Programming to expand the breadth of programming skills beyond SAS into languages such as R and Python
What are the requirements?
- a Bachelors degree or higher in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related disciplines.
- experience with at least one programming language (preferably SAS)
- an innovative and flexible mindset
- the ability to deal with complexity
- strong problem-solving abilities
- effective written and verbal communication skills
- a resilient and ‘can do’ attitude with scientific reasoning
- an interest in the analysis of scientific data and a keen eye for detail
Develop your career at GSK
Find out more about the development opportunities available to Future Leaders at GSK
If you’re a talented, ambitious student or graduate and share our values, this two or three-year programme is an amazing opportunity to build leadership skills and start your career with one of the world’s leading scientific businesses.