R&D Data science
Exciting minds with our graduate programme
Use data to uncover answers
Learn how new insights can lead to revolutionary medication.
We’re looking for Future Leaders in R&D Data science
Are you ready to use data to develop results that amplify our science?
If so, bring that enthusiasm here. Together we can uncover and provide new insights that improve the probability of delivering transformational medicines to patients using data science and machine learning.
Develop your career
If you’re a graduate with the desire to create big solutions that revolutionise treatment for patients, this is a role for you.
This is what you can expect:
- three rotations across our Data and Computational sciences, Medicine design and/or Process development teams within MST
- to learn how to combine complex biological/chemical data from a range of sources
- to develop exceptional skills in scientific communication and data visualisation
- a number of training and development opportunities to bring you up to speed with GSK and the opportunity
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- interact with therapy area experts to create actions to translate activity of selected molecules into a testable hypothesis
- gain insights into influencing business decisions with data to answer specific questions
- work across matrix organisations and with commercial partners to evaluate and implement new data handling solutions
- obtain the skills needed to perform analysis on multiparametric datasets to test hypotheses
What are the requirements?
- BS or MS/PhD in Data science, Computer science, Maths, or Bioinformatics
- knowledge of pharmacological principles and experience interpreting quantitative data sets
- a passion for biological sciences and medicine
- to be a motivated and proactive graduate with a talent for multitasking and adapting to changing environments
- a gift for building strong relationships with key stakeholders
- a ‘disruptive’ mindset, proposing new and innovative approaches to challenging scientific problems
Apply now for our Early Talent programmes
Find out how to apply for our Future Leaders graduate programme, the career paths on offer and the markets where they're available.