For ADS holders, please visit J.P. Morgan Chase Bank’s data privacy notice.
This privacy notice applies to you if you are an individual and are a current or former registered shareholder of GSK plc. It describes what personal information we collect, how that information is used and what your rights are in relation to that information.
In this privacy notice “we”, “us” and “our” refer to GSK plc and GSK Group companies.
GSK takes the privacy and security of your personal information very seriously. We determine the purposes and way in which your personal information is collected, used and/or disclosed and managed.
We process personal information, which includes:
- Contact details
- Bank account details
- Details of shares held
- Shareholder reference number
- Voting instructions
- Corporate action elections
- Date of death
- Voice and / or image
This information is processed so that we can:
- Manage your shareholding in GSK and keep your record on the shareholder register up-to-date
- Make shareholder communications and shareholder meeting materials available to you, such as the Annual Report and the Notice of Annual General Meeting
- Pay dividends to you
- Allow you to exercise your rights as a shareholder, such as the right to vote at shareholder meetings
- Respond to any correspondence you send to
Our ordinary share registrar
We have engaged Equiniti Limited as our ordinary share registrar. Equiniti Limited and other Equiniti Group entities (“Equiniti”) maintain the GSK shareholder register and processes shareholders’ personal information on our behalf.
What we do with your personal information
- Your personal information is collected when you provide it to us, to Equiniti or to other third parties engaged to carry out services on our behalf, for example when you provide information in writing or provide your details via Equiniti’s website. Your information is also collected when you exercise rights attached to your shares, such as voting. Your information might also be provided to us or to Equiniti by third parties, for example by an agent through which you trade in GSK shares. Your voice or image may be captured and recorded, for example within a webcast recording of a shareholder meeting which you attend.
- The information is processed to allow us to comply with our legal obligations or to allow us to fulfil contractual obligations with shareholders or where we have a legitimate interest to process the information so that we can communicate effectively with shareholders.
- It is important that you notify us of any changes to your personal details (such as a change of address) so that your record on the shareholder register can be kept up-to-date.
- Your personal information will be shared where there is a legal requirement to do so, for example with regulatory agencies or government bodies. Your personal information will also be shared with Equiniti and may be shared with other trusted third parties engaged by us, such as our professional advisors or parties engaged to perform processing activities on our behalf. If personal information is processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA), this will be done under agreements based on the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission to ensure that the information is protected in the same way that it would be if it were processed within the EEA.
- Your personal information will be kept for as long as is reasonably required to achieve the purposes for which it was collected. Your record on the shareholder register will be maintained while you are a shareholder of GSK. If you cease to hold GSK shares, your information will be kept for a period of up to 12 years following the last update to your record on the shareholder register, or for as long as is necessary to resolve any outstanding matters relating to your shareholding or to meet legal, regulatory or tax requirements.
- Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request to access your personal information that we hold, to request that your information is rectified or deleted, to request that processing of your information is restricted or to object to our processing of your personal information. In some circumstances we will not delete or stop processing your personal information when requested to do so, for example due to legal or regulatory requirements.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice periodically.
If you have questions or requests regarding this Privacy Notice, or if you would like to exercise your rights, please contact your local GSK company using the contact information below.
To contact GSK in the United Kingdom, call: 0808-234-6680.
To contact GSK in the United States, call: 1-866-475-3844.
Contact information for specific countries can be found in our worldwide contact directory.
You can contact the Data Protection Officer at Equiniti as follows:
By email to: DPO@equiniti.com;
By post to: Data Protection Officer, Equiniti, Highdown House, Yeoman Way, Worthing, West Sussex, BN99 3HH; or
By telephone on UK: 0333 207 5962
International: +44 121 415 0196.
Lines are open 8.30 am to 5.30 pm (UK time), Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays in England and Wales)
Where processing of your personal information is covered by EU law, you have the right to complain to the corresponding data protection supervisory authority in your country of residence. You can find the relevant supervisory authority name and contact details under European Commission-Data protection page.
GSK plc is the controller of your personal information. You can contact GSK’s EU Data Protection Officer using the contact information found here.