Science is the bedrock of our success and our scientists are world leaders in their respective fields. Our graduate science career paths are available within our Global manufacturing and supply (GMS) division. When you join, you will become part of a huge, global network that supplies four billion packs of medicines and healthcare products a year.
What do we look for in a candidate?
- The ability to work well with others and build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- A genuine passion for the healthcare industry
- A self-motivated and proactive approach
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Technical strength: an analytical mind and processes driven
- Ability to adapt to change and keep focused under pressure
What will you do
- You’ll be part of a vibrant global technical community, working in teams that combine a mix of disciplines
- You will participate in projects and prioritise tasks effectively
- You will receive intensive, stimulating leadership training that will support your development
- You’ll analyse information and report your findings
- We’ll also look to you to help research and source information
Experience and rotations
to give you wide experience within different roles and working environments
within pharmaceutical or consumer healthcare supply, depending on your area
This three-year career path involves different rotations to give you wide experience within different roles and working environments, alongside a number of training courses. Throughout the scheme, you will have numerous opportunities to meet with other graduates during training and at networking events. You will undertake a number of core training and personal development courses, alongside additional opportunities arranged using your personal development budget.
You’ll have the benefit of improving your technical skills while gaining valuable leadership training through a combination of mentoring, classroom sessions and on-the-job training. This experience will equip you to become a leader of the future and will provide you with a solid foundation for a variety of science careers within the pharmaceutical industry.
Joining our GMS division, you’ll undertake business-critical roles within pharmaceutical or consumer healthcare supply, depending on your area.
Different FLP manufacturing science disciplines
As an analytical chemistry graduate, you can expect to work on:
- Analytical testing on various dose forms of products, such as tablet, sterile and topical products
- Technical understanding of analytical equipment and analytical test methods
- Participating in new product introduction and the product transfer process
- Trouble shooting and investigating manufacturing issues
- Working across functions to participate in or lead a project
Biopharmaceutical manufacturing science and technology
As a biopharmaceuticals graduate at GSK, you can expect to work on:
- Bringing bio-pharmaceutical products from R&D to full-scale manufacture
- Technical problem-solving and investigations
- Protein therapeutics in genetically-modified organisms
- Purifying protein therapeutics through centrifugation, chromatography and filtration
As a microbiology graduate at GSK, you can expect to work on:
- Microbial testing of products and the manufacturing environment e.g. developing / transferring new methods / techniques
- Interpreting microbiological and environmental monitoring data to allow release of product batches and assure production environmental quality is maintained
- Investigation, problem solving and consultancy through accurate data analysis of microbiological test data
- Assessments of microbiological risk and process control to ensure sufficient microbiological monitoring or testing programmes are in place, and ultimately assuring final product safety and quality
- Validation, verification and qualification of microbiological-related systems such as sterilising and decontaminating equipment (e.g. autoclaves and isolators respectively), test equipment, cleaning methods and testing methods
As a pharmaceutical science graduate at GSK, you can expect to work on:
- New product introduction: medicines development, clinical trials, manufacture, testing and supply of new chemical entities
- Detailed understanding of medicines process control of a variety of dosage forms (e.g. tablets, powders, inhalers, sterile products etc.) and statistical assurance of control
- Technical troubleshooting
- Global regulatory filing strategies for our medicines, both new products and lifecycle management of existing products
- New manufacturing platforms and new dosage forms
What happens next
Previous graduates have landed in roles where they are working to ensure GSK makes the right products and delivers them to the right place at the right time.
Brazil, China, India, Pakistan, Singapore, United Kingdom, USA
Discover our benefits
Discover more about the rewards, training, development and mentoring opportunities we offer.
If you’re a talented, ambitious student or graduate and share our values, this two or three-year programme is an amazing opportunity to build leadership skills and start your career with one of the world’s leading scientific businesses.