Warning against fraudulent internet recruitment activities
Our attention has been drawn to the fraudulent activities of persons posing as recruitment agencies or GSK employees. The fraud involves sending people a request for personal information, making job offers and/or extorting fees for recruitment-related accommodation or preparation sessions ahead of an interview or assessment centre.
We would like to make it clear that GSK never requires candidates to make payment during a recruitment process. If you receive a genuine job offer of a job with us, whether the offer is made directly by us or through an agency, you will not be required to pay any money towards administration fees. We also recommend that you do not disclose personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
Spot the signs of a fraudulent communication
Recruiters for GSK will never ask for any form of payment or banking information. They may ask for the following during a formal interview process or post acceptance of an offer:
- Passport information
- Personal identification such as your National Insurance number, Social Security number etc
In addition, you should consider the following to determine the validity of a communication:
- Are there major spelling or grammatical errors in the communication?
- What is the sender’s email address? Does this seem consistent with previous communications? The GSK email format is ‘email@example.com’. If you are contacted through a Linkedin in-mail, please ensure that you review the full profile of the recruiter sending the message to check the legitimacy of the profile.
- We may use third parties to support recruitment activities. You should search the name of the company on the internet if you receive a communication from a non-GSK email address to check their validity
- Who is sending the email? If the email purports to be from a senior executive at the company, you should report this using the contact details below
- Are you being offered a role without having a formal interview? This indicates a fraudulent communication
Reporting potentially fraudulent emails / contact us
If you are unsure of the legitimacy of a communication you have received, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide as much information as possible about the role you have applied for as well as the communication you have received.
Apprentices, students and graduates
Student and graduate opportunities with one of the world's leading global healthcare companies.
PhDs and Postdocs
Medical, financial, research and consulting programmes at GSK for ambitious postgraduates.
Be you. Feel good. Keep growing.
As a business, we are supporting global efforts to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic and protecting the safety of our people.