GSK appoints Mr Urs Rohner to its Board as a Non-Executive Director
Issued: London UK
GlaxoSmithKline plc (LSE: GSK) today announced the appointment of Mr Urs Rohner to its Board as a Non-Executive Director, effective 1 January 2015. On appointment, Mr Rohner will also become a member of GSK’s Remuneration Committee.
Mr Rohner is currently Chairman of Credit Suisse Group AG, one of the world’s leading financial services companies.
Commenting on the appointment, Sir Christopher Gent, Chairman of GSK, said: “I am delighted to welcome Urs to the Board. His broad business background and extensive senior-level experience at multinational companies makes him a great addition to GSK.”
Mr Rohner was appointed Chairman of Credit Suisse in 2011 following a number of senior positions at the company including General Counsel and Chief Operating Officer. Before joining Credit Suisse in 2004, he was Chief Executive Officer and Chairman for four years at ProSiebenSat.1 Group, one of the largest independent media corporations in Europe. This followed a number of years in private practice at major law firms in Switzerland and the USA.
3 October 2014
- As Non-Executive Director of GSK, Mr Rohner will receive standard annual fees of £85,000 per annum. As for all GSK Non-Executive Directors, in order to enhance the link between directors and shareholders, at least 25% of his fees will be paid in the form of Ordinary Shares and allocated to a share account, and he will be able to invest part or all of the balance of his fees into the same share account.
- The Board has determined that Mr Rohner will be an independent Non-Executive Director, in accordance with the UK Corporate Governance Code.
- With effect from 1 January 2015, the composition of the Board of GlaxoSmithKline plc will be as follows:
- Sir Christopher Gent: Non-Executive Chairman
- Sir Philip Hampton: Non-Executive Director and Chairman Designate
- Sir Andrew Witty: Chief Executive Officer
- Simon Dingemans: Chief Financial Officer
- Dr Moncef Slaoui: Executive Director, Chairman, Global R&D and Vaccines
- Professor Sir Roy Anderson: Independent Non-Executive Director
- Dr Stephanie Burns: Independent Non-Executive Director
- Stacey Cartwright: Independent Non-Executive Director
- Lynn Elsenhans: Independent Non-Executive Director
- Judy Lewent: Independent Non-Executive Director
- Sir Deryck Maughan: Senior Independent Non-Executive Director
- Dr Daniel Podolsky: Independent Non-Executive Director
- Tom de Swaan: Independent Non-Executive Director
- Jing Ulrich: Independent Non-Executive Director
- Hans Wijers: Independent Non-Executive Director
- Urs Rohner: Independent Non-Executive Director