Commercial management (Consumer Healthcare)
Exciting minds with our graduate programme
We’re looking for Future Leaders in Commercial management (Consumer Healthcare)
Are you an adaptable graduate who’d like to work in a fast-paced consumer obsessed environment and improve people’s lives? If so, why not join our fast-moving Consumer Healthcare business? Here, you’ll work with household names that are known in more than 100 countries worldwide. You’ll also have the chance to explore new products, launch innovations quickly and further our brands using real consumer insight.
Susie's experience at GSK
"It’s very fast, very dynamic – and I think it reflects our industry. It’s amazing that you can be fresh out of university and the next thing you know you find yourself changing teams every 12 months. It kind of forces you to constantly come out of your comfort zone."
Develop your career
Over three years, our Future Leaders graduate programme will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You’ll have three stretching rotations within our sales and marketing functions, where you’ll take on real roles and gain wide-ranging experience across the Consumer Healthcare Commercial business.
In the sales rotation, you’ll work in a customer-facing role. This will give you an invaluable first-hand insight into how our consumers engage with our products. You’ll learn about areas including product merchandising, customer education, new product launches, sales planning, forecasting and stock planning. If you strive for targets, take responsibility and are great at building relationships, you’ll thrive in our talented sales team.
In the marketing rotation, expect to work in areas such as shopper marketing and brand/category management. You’ll learn about our brands, gather insights into consumer and buyer preferences and understand which factors influence overall sales. You may also have the opportunity to work on digital and traditional media campaigns, brand activations and product launches, all while learning how we analyse brand performance and optimise consumer engagement. This calls for strong analytical skills, an ability to work cross-functionally and a good understanding of customers.
What can you expect?
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- learn how to market leading brands to national, regional or global audiences on a tailored development programme
- gain in-depth insights into our Consumer Healthcare Commercial business
- learn how to manage projects and prioritise tasks
- build relationships with people at all levels of the organisation and with our customers
- learn how to deliver excellence in sales execution
- learn how to adapt in a fast-paced industry
- develop your network across the business, including senior leaders and peers, through networking opportunities
What are the requirements?
- to be a proactive and agile graduate with a talent for multi-tasking
- the ability to adapt to change and stay focused under pressure
- an analytical mind
- excellent interpersonal skills that can help you connect people and ideas to deliver value to the business
- commercial awareness – an interest in sales and marketing
Apply now for our Early Talent programmes
Some of the questions we’re asked about our graduate programme.
Kevin, Consumer Healthcare, UK
60-minute mentors: Kevin, VP, Global Digital Commerce, shares his thoughts on developing a ‘test and learn’ culture, and why it’s vital to work outside of your comfort zone to grow your skill set and build your career.