Communications and government affairs
Communications and government affairs (CGA) function is the voice of GSK. It protects and enhances our reputation both inside and outside the company, and ensures that our story is told correctly and consistently.
What do we look for in a candidate?
- A self-motivated approach
- The ability to interpret information
- Strong communication skills
- Work well under pressure
- A real team player
- The ability to influence others
- Digitally fluent
I love being part of CGA—I have the opportunity to give a voice to GSK and build a career with global impact!
What you will do
- You’ll develop your skills and knowledge of internal and external communications and government affairs
- You will be involved in GSK’s digital activity, whether on internal channels or the company’s social media platforms
- There will be every opportunity for you to develop transferable skills such as leading cross-functional teams, crafting key messages, influencing and presentation
- You will be involved in managing projects and prioritising a variety of tasks effectively
- You’ll be analysing and interpreting information which will help you understand the trends and insights in the healthcare industry
- You’ll support GSK’s activity at key events, as appropriate
Over the two years, the aim is to give you experience across internal and external communications. The function supports the wider business so you’ll have the opportunity to work across a number of business areas, directly or indirectly. The rotations will be stretching, but you’ll be supported by formal and informal learning and coaching. You’ll have the benefit of improving your communications, analytical and influencing skills while gaining valuable leadership training in the healthcare industry.
We’re a global company with numerous functions. So the skills you learn will stand you in good stead for a successful career across many areas of the business and, potentially, many countries.
What happens next
The programme will allow you to build relationships across the company, inside and outside of the function. There is no pre-determined career journey for you to follow after completing the programme, so you have the opportunity to pursue your areas of interest, depending on the business need and availability of roles. Graduates who have come off the programme have landed into a variety of roles and some of them have progressed their career into other parts of the business.
Discover our benefits
Discover more about the rewards, training, development and mentoring opportunities we offer.
If you’re a talented, ambitious student or graduate and share our values, this two or three-year programme is an amazing opportunity to build leadership skills and start your career with one of the world’s leading scientific businesses.