Exciting minds with our graduate programme
We’re looking for Future Leaders eager to grow expertise in Engineering (Vaccines)
Are you a graduate with a strong teamwork mindset, a passion for complex machinery, automation or pharmaceutical manufacturing processes? Ever dreamt about designing and being part of a build-up of a pharmaceutical production site? Like to share your work with like-minded sharp and talented engineers?
If so, you could be part of our Engineering (Vaccines) function. This is where we support manufacturing and quality operations to run in a lean and flawless manner to ensure a reliable supply of our vaccines to people in 90% of the world’s countries. Different challenges arise at every stage, so every working day is different. These challenges might include engineering design, installing, qualifying and ramping up a new production or support machinery or automation assets, helping to plan and execute advanced maintenance methodologies, increasing manufacturing process robustness and manufacturing right first time, or performing engineering changes and asset life cycle management.
Develop your career
Over two years, our graduate programme will challenge and support you in growing professionally and personally. This programme will provide a robust career foundation building technical expertise within one of our four specific engineering disciplines: automation, mechanical/electrical, process engineering and engineering capital projects. You’ll have stretching rotations, within the chosen discipline, that will give you an insightful experience into the engineering side of our vaccines manufacturing and quality business. Through these placements, you’ll develop your expertise in engineering concepts and procedures, in one of the disciplines, while broadening your global business perspective.
What can you expect?
What can you expect?
- within the assigned discipline, learn engineering concepts and procedures and applying them on the job
- get a good understanding of all areas of our Vaccines business on a tailored development programme
- learn about the cutting-edge technologies used in vaccines manufacturing
- learn about the challenges of working in a highly regulated and controlled environment
- be part of a diverse network, working with graduates from all over the world
What are the requirements?
- an Engineering Degree
- to be technical savvy with a passion for machines, automation and bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing process
- a teamwork mindset
- fluent in English plus fluency in your home site language
- a keen interest in the healthcare industry
- the ability to build trust and relationships with key stakeholders
- to be eager to work with others
- a high degree of flexibility and the ability to adapt quickly to change
- resilience and strong problem-solving skills
- to be ready to acquire new knowledge and embrace new experiences
GSK virtual tour - 360° video
Explore our Vaccines Global Headquarters in Belgium through this 360-degree virtual tour. We hope you will be excited by the environment that empowers us to work better as an organisation, driving performance with more agility and flexibility.
This career path attracts graduates from various engineering disciplines, including computer, automation, mechanical, electrical, biotechnology and chemical engineering.
How to apply?
Apply now to solve tomorrow’s health challenges today – and you could join over 99,000 dedicated people across 95 markets.
Search #ManufacturingandSupplyFLP to view current positions.