The finance function offers a unique perspective; an independent viewpoint from which to drive decision making and strategy across our operations.
Finance is all about using numbers to make a difference. It supports everything GSK does. Managing cost, cash and return on investment ensures we maximise the value add from GSKs resources. The Finance function offers a unique perspective; an independent viewpoint from which to drive decision making and strategy across GSKs operations. We pride ourselves on delivering excellence, being trusted advisors to our peers and colleagues and driving continuous improvement and innovation. A career here promises to be challenging and varied, with a vast range of opportunities.
What do we look for in a candidate?
- Interest in finance
- Self-motivated and proactive approach
- Questioning, analytical mind
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multitask and perform under pressure
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to adapt to change
What will you do
- Be responsible for reporting and cost centre review of specific departments
- Analyse and interpret data to identify and understand trends
- Produce meaningful reports to stakeholders that offer insight and drive effective management decision making
- Ensure appropriate compliance and governance procedures are in place and adhered to
- Be involved in process improvement and/or transformation projects, often involving cross functional teams
- Build relationships and communicate with stakeholders both within and outside of the Finance function
Experience and rotations
- 3 years
first in Finance services, second as a local Finance partner and the third rotation will be Corporate or Strategic in nature.
The first rotation will be in Finance services, where our global finance processes are run. Your rotation will give you the opportunity to learn and embed the core technical finance and systems knowledge you need to move forward. This rotation is about developing your foundation technical skills.
The second rotation will be as a local Finance partner, in any one of a number of potential areas (commercial, manufacturing, R&D, etc). You will build upon your technical knowledge, applying it and expanding your business knowledge. You will provide robust and insightful analysis to aid decision making and drive the achievement of the department’s objectives.
The third rotation will be Corporate or Strategic in nature. You will have a regional or global view, in any one of a number of areas. This rotation will help to broaden your perspective and enterprise mindset as well as continuing to build on the breadth of your technical and business knowledge.
What happens next
You can expect to land after the programme as a senior finance analyst within the business. Most associates move into Finance Manager roles within 2 years of completing the programme and many continue to progress in seniority during their career at GSK. Our alumni span a vast range of areas of the GSK business, both within and outside of Finance. They continue to develop breadth in their experience, by moving between multiple business units. We have alumni in R&D, manufacturing, commercial (pharma and consumer), supply chain, investor relations, corporate development, global tax, audit… there is no ‘typical’ route.
Belgium, China, Singapore, UK, USA
Discover our benefits
Discover more about the rewards, training, development and mentoring opportunities we offer.
If you’re a talented, ambitious student or graduate and share our values, this two or three-year programme is an amazing opportunity to build leadership skills and start your career with one of the world’s leading scientific businesses.