Human resources (HR) is about equipping our business with the right people and the right skills to help our customers and patients do more, feel better and live longer.
Our HR team ensures that we recognise creativity, collaboration and responsibility. This enables us to offer our people rewarding careers in terms of development and excellent benefits.
What do we look for in a candidate?
- A passion for people and their development
- High learning agility
- A digital and analytical mindset
- A self-motivated and proactive approach
- Ability to adapt to change
- The ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and influence others
- Be a real team player who actively collaborates with others and is self-aware
- Clear and effective communicator
- Ambition to develop a career in HR
Read about Carolina's experience at GSK
"I recently made a recruitment video for the Argentina market and my advice was if you want to have a stretching career where you'll learn a lot of things from experts, professionals and be really challenged every day, but working for a good reason, GSK is the place to be"
What will you do
- Manage projects and prioritise a variety of tasks effectively
- Research and analyse information and report your findings
- Find creative solutions to new challenges
- Take full advantage of the rich variety of leadership training on offer
- Participate in HR Future Leaders Programme initiatives such as our corporate social responsibility and senior leader ‘Lets Talk’ initiative
- Build your network across the HR function as well as enterprise wide
Read about Alvin's experience at GSK
"I think GSK is one of the few companies that takes people development seriously. I've never seen such a structured program, nor this flexibility to explore diverse roles."
Now I’m one year into my Future Leaders Programme (FLP) experience, I can say it’s been a steep learning curve, but I’ve enjoyed every minute. I’m definitely getting the kind of fast-paced, tailored development I was looking for when I applied.
Experience and rotations
of experience in generalist HR, talent, leadership development, reward, organisational design and HR embedded areas
sometimes including a commercially focused ‘breadth’ rotation outside of HR
Read more about Merve's experience at GSK
"I think when you’re in HR, it’s sometimes hard to see the direct connection you have to helping patients. But I know the work I’m doing definitely helps our employees perform better, which enables them to do their best for our patients and deliver for our consumers."
Our graduates rotate across HR operations, the centre of excellence (e.g. talent, leadership development, reward) and HR embedded areas. Depending on individual development needs, some of our graduates are also encouraged to carry out a ‘breadth’ rotation outside of HR to further understand a different area of the business.
It’s our aim to enhance your early career development through diverse experiences that will put you on the path for a future HR leadership role. We aim to stretch and challenge our graduates as much as possible, but also offer support via formal learning, coaching and mentoring.
What happens next
We will work with you to secure the right landing role for you after the programme, taking in to account your development areas and career aspirations. The target landing role for our graduates is as an HR Manager in the generalist community. Our graduates are supported with an ‘alumni development framework’ to support their transition from the programme to their landing role and will have a strong HR network to rely on during this period and beyond.
Belgium, China, Japan, UK, USA, Singapore
Discover our benefits
Discover more about the rewards, training, development and mentoring opportunities we offer.
If you’re a talented, ambitious student or graduate and share our values, this two or three-year programme is an amazing opportunity to build leadership skills and start your career with one of the world’s leading scientific businesses.