Human resources (HR) is about equipping our business with the right people and the right skills to help our customers and patients do more, feel better and live longer.
Our HR team ensures that we recognise creativity, collaboration and responsibility. This enables us to offer our people rewarding careers in terms of development and excellent benefits.
What do we look for in a candidate?
- A passion for people and their development
- An analytical mindset
- A proactive approach
- Ability to adapt to change
- The ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and influence others
- Be a real team player who actively collaborates with others
What will you do
- Build your network across the HR function as well as enterprise wide
- We’ll expect you to manage projects and prioritise a variety of tasks effectively
- You’ll research and analyse information and report your findings
- We’ll also look to you to help find creative solutions to new challenges
- We want you to keep developing new skills and knowledge wherever you find the opportunity
- We want you to take full advantage of the rich variety of leadership training on offer
- Participate in HR Future Leaders Programme initiatives such as our corporate social responsibility and senior leader ‘Lets Talk’ initiative
Now I’m one year into my Future Leaders Programme (FLP) experience, I can say it’s been a steep learning curve, but I’ve enjoyed every minute. I’m definitely getting the kind of fast-paced, tailored development I was looking for when I applied.
Experience and rotations
of experience in talent, leadership development, reward and HR Embedded areas
including a ‘breadth’ rotation outside of HR
Our graduates initially start within the HR operations space, then experience rotations in the centre of excellence (e.g. talent, leadership development, reward) and HR embedded areas. Our graduates are also encouraged to carry out a ‘breadth’ rotation outside of HR to further understand a different area of the business.
It’s our aim to enhance your early career development through diverse experiences that will put you on the path for a future HR leadership role. We aim to stretch and challenge our graduates as much as possible, but also offer support via formal learning, coaching and mentoring.
What happens next
We will work with you to secure the right landing role for you after the programme, taking in to account your development areas and career aspirations. The target landing role for our graduates is as an HR Manager in the generalist space. Our graduates are supported with an ‘alumni development framework’ to support their transition from the programme to their landing role and will have a strong HR network to rely on during this period and beyond.
Australia, Brazil, Egypt, India, Poland, Singapore, Switzerland, UK, USA
Discover our benefits
Discover more about the rewards, training, development and mentoring opportunities we offer.
If you’re a talented, ambitious student or graduate and share our values, this two or three-year programme is an amazing opportunity to build leadership skills and start your career with one of the world’s leading scientific businesses.