Exciting minds with our Future Leaders graduate programme – Manufacturing operations and quality (Vaccines)
Manufacture vaccines that save lives
Help us improve the way we manufacture, formulate, fill, pack, control, release and deliver the vaccines that help people do more, live better, live longer.
We’re looking for Future Leaders in Manufacturing operations and quality (Vaccines)
Are you a graduate with the talent and adaptability to help us get vaccines to people in 90% of the world’s countries?
If so, you could be part of our highly scientific Manufacturing operations and quality (Vaccines) function, working with the latest in cutting edge technology. This is where we manufacture, formulate, fill, pack, control, release and deliver vaccines safely – a process that takes 15 to 18 months and uses cutting-edge technology. It’s a challenge that touches on four very different activities: manufacturing operations, technical services, quality and supply chain management. Different challenges arise at every stage, so every working day is different. These challenges might include transporting delicate biological materials that need special handling, overseeing quality throughout the manufacturing process, or managing a complex supply chain to ensure that vaccines are received exactly when they’re needed.
Read about Claire's experience at GSK
"I really wanted to do work that had a meaningful impact on society. I knew about GSK’s Future Leaders programme, so I applied – and my wish came true!"
Develop your career
If you’re a graduate with the talent and ambition to lead others, this programme will provide you with the skills you need to pursue a career in manufacturing within the pharmaceutical industry.
Over two years, our Future Leaders graduate programme will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You’ll have three stretching rotations that will give you an insightful experience into the manufacturing side of our vaccines business. You start with a one-year rotation on the shop floor at the centre of our operations activities, either in Production or Quality Control. This will be followed by two six-month rotations including one abroad. Through these placements, you’ll develop your expertise in production, quality and technical services or supply chain management, while broadening your global business perspective.
What can you expect?
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- get a good understanding of all areas of our Vaccines business on a tailored development programme
- discover how manufacturing, the quality function, technical services and supply chain work together
- learn about the cutting-edge technologies used in vaccines manufacturing
- follow our vaccines through the entire manufacturing process
- gain valuable people management experience
- learn about the challenges of working in a highly regulated and controlled environment
- be part of a diverse network, working with graduates from all over the world
What are the requirements?
- a Bachelors, Master or PhD degree, depending on the country where you’re applying
- a keen interest in production, quality and supply challenges
- fluent English plus fluency in your home site language
- a maximum of two years’ professional experience
- a passion for science and tech, as well as people management and teamwork
- a keen interest in the healthcare industry
- the ability to build trust and relationships with key stakeholders
- to be eager to work with others and learn how to lead a team
- a high degree of flexibility and the ability to adapt quickly to change
- to be process driven with good technical ability
- resilience and strong problem-solving skills
- to be ready to acquire new knowledge and embrace new experiences
This career path attracts graduates from various technical, scientific and business disciplines, including pharmacy, industrial pharmacy, engineering, bio-engineering, business engineering, electro-mechanical engineering and maintenance engineering.
How to apply
Apply now to solve tomorrow’s health challenges today – and you could join 100,000 dedicated people in over 150 countries.
Develop your career at GSK
Find out more about the development opportunities available to Future Leaders at GSK
If you’re a talented, ambitious student or graduate and share our values, this two or three-year programme is an amazing opportunity to build leadership skills and start your career with one of the world’s leading scientific businesses.