Exciting minds with our Future Leaders graduate programme – Procurement
Procure items and improve lives
Help us spend wisely and innovate, so we can help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We’re looking for Future Leaders in Procurement
Are you an adaptable graduate with the confidence and creativity to negotiate and innovate? Join us and make an impact on our business on a whole range of levels.
Procurement operates across 50 countries, making it a truly global function. And our team does more than buy goods and services – they help bring innovation and value to the entire business. Working with these highly skilled professionals, you could be involved in a wide variety of initiatives. You could bring a new respiratory product technology from our suppliers to our patients. Or perhaps create a value-driven ad campaign with our social-media partners to reach new consumers in emerging markets. With a stream of diverse and absorbing projects, Procurement is a fascinating area with tremendous scope for progress.
Develop your career
Over two and a half years, our Future Leaders graduate programme will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You’ll have three fascinating rotations that will give you a thorough grounding in procurement management. You’ll explore direct and indirect procurement, with an international perspective, and take responsibility for managing spend across a range of different categories. Throughout the programme, you’ll work closely with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve value for money for us, and ultimately, the patient or consumer.
What can you expect?
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- discover the best ways to boost the profitability of a leading healthcare company
- hone your skills on a tailored development programme
- develop purchasing and negotiation strategies, and demonstrate project leadership
- negotiate at senior or executive management level with our supply base
- partner with business functions such as finance and legal
- lead contract negotiations and review financial proposals
- manage spend across multiple functions, including marketing, manufacturing and research
- bring positive changes to the business through creative and innovative ideas
- build your leadership and management skills by mentoring/coaching others and leading project teams
What are the requirements?
- an interest in procurement, the commercial world and the healthcare industry
- to work as a business partner, building strong relationships with key stakeholders
- the ability to adapt to change and work under pressure
- excellent communication skills that can help you influence
- strong problem-solving skills that are driven by curiosity
- the drive and confidence to trust your own judgement
- good project management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
Applying for our Future Leaders graduate programme
Some of the questions we’re asked about our graduate programme.
Rachel, Procurement, UK
Rachel, a Global Procurement Director based in GSK’s UK headquarters, leads a team of 10. The catch? They’re all in different countries. In this edition of Meet Our Managers, she serves up managerial wisdom with an international flavour.
Develop you career at GSK
Find out more about the development opportunities available to Future Leaders at GSK
If you’re a talented, ambitious student or graduate and share our values, this two or three-year programme is an amazing opportunity to build leadership skills and start your career with one of the world’s leading scientific businesses.