Research and development (Vaccines)
Exciting minds with our graduate programme
Developing vaccines that save lives
Help us research and develop the vaccines that help people do more, live better, live longer.
We’re looking for Future Leaders in Research and development (Vaccines)
Are you an innovative graduate who’s keen to develop vaccines that meet real public health needs? If so, you could join us and contribute to change the future of vaccine development. At GSK, we have one of the broadest portfolios of vaccines including meningitis, rotavirus, hepatitis and influenza vaccines, and covering vaccines for children, adolescents, adults, travellers and the elderly.
But innovation never stops and it’s an exciting time to work in the field of Vaccines. Continued advances in technology, combined with a greater understanding of science and the human body open new doors for us to explore and deliver new medical breakthroughs for some of the world’s biggest health challenges.
And through a tailored programme of training, mentoring and work experience, you’ll learn all about it while honing your scientific and technical skills. There’ll also be the chance to pursue a career focused on specific vaccine projects. This popular and highly competitive career path attracts scientists from many disciplines.
Andres' experience at GSK
"When I finished my doctoral studies in bio-engineering, my next step wasn’t clear to me. I felt I had achieved my goals within academia and I knew I wanted to transition into a corporate environment. But how? Where would my skills fit? What opportunities were out there for people like me?"
Develop your career
If you’re a graduate with the talent and ambition to lead projects and people, we will help you develop the expertise to become one of our Future Leaders.
Over two years, our Future Leaders graduate programme will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You’ll have three stretching rotations in three different R&D teams.
It all begins with a one-year rotation where you’ll get to work on core activities within the R&D Vaccines function. Through this hands-on role and your later placements, you’ll get an outstanding insight into our Vaccines R&D business. You’ll see science in action in our labs, discover new technology platforms, understand how a vaccines development project works, participate in clinical research activities, work with external collaborators or learn about the risk and compliance side of vaccine discovery and development.
You will benefit from learning and development interventions in alignment with your development journey as well as the business needs, setting you up for success in your chosen area. After you complete our Future Leaders programme, you’ll have acquired new skills and a solid foundation opening doors to a variety of R&D careers within the pharmaceutical industry.
What can you expect?
You'll have the opportunity to:
- learn how new vaccines become reality on a tailored development programme
- learn about new technology platforms
- manage projects together with multidisciplinary teams
- source and analyse complex data to help us make key decisions
- contribute to the introduction of innovative approaches to improve standard processes
- collaborate with top scientists and experts
- be part of a diverse network, working with graduates from all over the world
What are the requirements?
- a Medical Doctor degree (you need to have completed your foundation) ideally with experience in public health or an Epidemiologist degree or a PhD in Immunology or Microbiology or a PhD in Data sciences/Computer sciences/Bioinformatics
- fluent business English
- a passion for science and a real interest in the pharmaceutical and vaccines world
- innovative and flexible/agile mindset
- the ability to deal with complexity
- strong problem-solving abilities
- effective written and verbal communication skills
GSK virtual tour - 360° video
Explore our Vaccines Global Headquarters in Belgium through this 360-degree virtual tour. We hope you will be excited by the environment that empowers us to work better as an organisation, driving performance with more agility and flexibility.
Apply now for our Early Talent programmes
Find out how to apply for our Future Leaders graduate programme, the career paths on offer and the markets where they're available.