Biopharm Drug Discovery, Development and Manufacturing Professionals
We’re looking for ambitious professionals to join GSK in a variety of roles in the US and the UK.
GSK's goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We have 3 global businesses that discover, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay.
At GSK we believe that Biopharm medicines are key to achieving our ambitions in immuno-oncology and other immunologically driven diseases. As a global enterprise with activities in the US and the UK, GSK has a thriving team of Biopharmaceutical scientists across discovery, development and manufacturing.
We are building a state-of-the-art end to end Biopharm capability which delivers efficient discovery of antibody molecules that are selected and engineered for rapid development on a common, flexible manufacturing platform. Together with our therapy area partners, GSK Biopharm are discovering, developing and manufacturing novel medicines to benefit patients around the globe.
Find a biopharm career with purpose
Our Biopharm Discovery teams work on discovering new medicines using state of art antibody discovery platforms and technologies such as automation and in silico design, working closely with external and internal partners. We are growing our UK-based Biopharm team which is focussed on Medicines Discovery and have a variety of roles available. These new roles focus on using cutting edge technologies to bring medicines of the future faster to patients who need them.
Our team is based in Stevenage, our well-established UK R&D hub. We share the site with over 2000 GSK colleagues from diverse areas of research including specialists from disease areas and other platforms (chemistry, cell and gene therapy). Several Biotech companies are also present on site.
Due to the expansion of Biopharm Discovery, we have opportunities for junior scientists and experienced professionals and leaders with skills ranging from data analytics, in silico design and antibody engineering to assay development, screening and molecular characterisation. GSKBiopharm_Discovery
GSK’s Biopharm Development teams are responsible for delivering all Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) elements of biopharmaceutical development by providing single point accountability for developing products that meet our patient’s needs and delivering world-class manufacturing processes that meet GSK’s quality standards and global regulatory requirements.
We are growing our US-based Biopharm Development team to deliver our portfolio of exciting Biopharm medicines to patients around the world and have opportunities available across CMC disciplines for junior scientists, experienced professionals and leaders in biopharmaceutical development.
Our Upstream and Downstream drug substance process development teams are based at our Upper Merion campus in King of Prussia, PA where we are co-located with our clinical pilot plants and the Biopharm commercial manufacturing NPI launch site. This co-location enables seamless technology transfer to the manufacturing facilities and provides exciting development opportunities for our scientists. Our Product Development and Analytical Sciences teams are primarily based a short distance away on our Upper Providence campus, which is GSK’s US R&D Hub. GSKBiopharm_Development.
Strategic External Development (SED)
The Strategic External Development (SED) enterprise is a vertically integrated, empowered, innovative and agile CMC development organization that harnesses exceptional relationships with trusted global partners to rapidly deliver an increased number of transformative medicines to patients. This rapidly expanding team has bifocal end-to-end responsibility in small and large molecules and merges expertise from internal and external sources to accelerate the development and commercialization of critical therapies. We have an exceptional track record with recent commercial products ZEJULA® and JEMPERLI® being approved as well as working with VIR Biotechnologies to rapidly bring essential COVID-19 therapies to market. The SED enterprise is primarily based in Waltham MA but is expanding its footprint in PA and MD in the US and in Jurong, Singapore. This evolving global footprint will enable enhanced sustainability as we access a network of preferred suppliers.
The sites’ vision is to be wholly entrusted to make innovative, high quality medicines by leveraging the best talent and technology, on a platform of continuous improvement, to efficiently supply every patient, every time. GSKBiopharm_Manufacturing.
Our culture supporting your future
We can offer you a collaborative learning environment and the opportunity to develop your career and gain experience across drug discovery.
If you share our priorities of innovation, performance and trust and are motivated to contribute towards bringing lifesaving drugs to patients, then we'd love to hear from you.
We offer you the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of a diverse, global team
- Work in an environment where you realise your full potential
- Achieve your career ambitions
- Be proud of the difference you can make for patients world-wide
- Be well rewarded in terms of professional development, pay and benefits
If you are an expert in one of the fields below, we have a role for you. Our vacancies regularly include opportunities for:
- Analytical Scientists
- Automation engineers
- Biologists/ Cell biologists
- Biopharma formulators
- Chemical and biochemical engineers
- Data analysts and modelers
- Functional Project Leaders
Click on the links below where will find exciting roles whether you are near the start of your career or are experienced and looking for a new challenge.
For Discovery roles, search for GSK Biopharm Discovery to become a part of the GSK team in the UK
For Development roles, search for GSK Biopharm Development to become a part of the GSK team in the US
For Manufacturing roles, search for GSK Biopharm Manufacturing to become a part of the GSK team in the US
Find out more about biopharm at GSK
- GSK and Vir Biotechnology announce sotrovimab (VIR-7831) receives Emergency Use Authorization from the US FDA for treatment of mild-to-moderate COVID-19 in high-risk adults and paediatric patients | GSK
- GSK is one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity – Forbes
- GSK announces gender and diversity aspirational targets to increase representation at senior levels
- FDA grants accelerated approval for GSK’s JEMPERLI (dostarlimab-gxly) for women with recurrent or advanced dMMR endometrial cancer
- Loreen is truly aligned to her role and the GSK values
- An Audience with Hal Barron
- The Times top 50 employers for women
- FDA approves GSK’s BLENREP (belantamab mafodotin-blmf) for the treatment of patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma
- GSK receives positive CHMP opinion recommending approval of belantamab mafodotin for the treatment of relapsed and refractory multiple myeloma
- GSK taps experimental arthritis antibody to calm the cytokine storm hitting COVID-19 patients
- Glaxo opens $120M upgrade at its Upper Merion anti-cancer factory
- GSK announces phase III start for its anti GM-CSF antibody, otilimab, in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
- European Commission approves Nucala (mepolizumab) for the treatment of children with severe asthma
- GlaxoSmithKline: Helping people do more, feel better, live longer
- GSK receives FDA approval for a new self-injectable formulation of Benlysta (belimumab) for systemic lupus erythematosus
- GSK Expands Maryland Biopharma Manufacturing Site