Consumer Healthcare Designate Executive Leadership Team announced
Thursday 16th December 2021
We have today announced internally the formation of the new Designate Executive Leadership Team of the new Consumer Healthcare company, which will result from the proposed demerger of Consumer Healthcare from GSK in 2022.
This is an important step in GSK’s preparations for the demerger next year, and in setting up the standalone Consumer Healthcare company. The new leadership team brings a breadth and depth of experience in both consumer health and consumer packaged goods, as well as a diverse mix of leadership perspectives and broad business transformation experience.
The new leadership team results from a series of appointments made over the last 18 months, from inside and outside of GSK Consumer Healthcare, with the latest being the appointment of Mairéad Nayager, who joins as the company’s new Chief Human Resources Officer Designate from Diageo, effective 1 March 2022.
The full Designate Executive Leadership Team includes:
- Brian McNamara, Chief Executive Officer
- Tobias Hestler, Chief Financial Officer
- Dana Bolden, Head of Corporate Affairs
- Keith Choy, Head of Asia Pacific
- Bart Derde, Head of Quality and Supply Chain
- Amy Landucci, Head of Digital and Technology
- Filippo Lanzi, Head of EMEA and LatAm
- Jooyong Lee, Head of Strategy and Office of the CEO
- Teri Lyng, Head of Transformation and Sustainability
- Mairéad Nayager, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Lisa Paley, Head of U.S. and North America
- Franck Riot, Head of R&D
- Tamara Rogers, Chief Marketing Officer
- Bjarne P Tellmann, General Counsel
As set out at GSK’s Investor Update on 23 June 2021, subject to approval from shareholders, the separation of Consumer Healthcare will be by way of a demerger in mid-2022 of at least 80% of GSK’s holding to shareholders. The new resulting Consumer Healthcare company is expected to attain a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange.
The company will be a new world-leader in Consumer Health with a portfolio which generated annual sales of more than £10 billion in 2020. The company will have a strong portfolio of brands including Sensodyne, Voltaren, Panadol and Centrum and will hold category leadership positions and major sales presences in the US and China.
Brian McNamara’s appointment as CEO Designate of the new company was previously announced in July 2021.