In addition to the Board Committees, certain other committees have been established to perform specific functions.
Find out what the role of each committee is, who sits on them, and how often they meet.
Corporate Executive Team
- Emma Walmsley
- Dr Hal Barron - Chief Scientific Officer and President, R&D
- Roger Connor - President, Global Vaccines
- Diana Conrad - Senior Vice President, Human Resources
- Iain Mackay - Chief Financial Officer
- James Ford - Senior Vice President & General Counsel
- Nick Hirons - Senior Vice President, Global Ethics and Compliance
- Sally Jackson - Senior Vice President, Global Communications and CEO Office
- Brian McNamara - CEO, GSK Consumer Healthcare
- Luke Miels - President, Global Pharmaceuticals
- David Redfern - Chief Strategy Officer & Chairman, ViiV Healthcare
- Karenann Terrell - Chief Digital & Technology Officer
- Phil Thomson - President, Global Affairs
- Regis Simard - President, Pharma Supply Chain
- Deborah Waterhouse - CEO, ViiV Healthcare
- SVP, Global Communications and CEO Office
Frequency of meetings:
- The CET meets 11 times per year.
The CET assists the CEO in the executive management of the company.Back to top
Risk Oversight and Compliance Council (ROCC)
The Risk Oversight and Compliance Council (ROCC) is Co-chaired by the Corporate Compliance Officer (Senior Vice President, Global Ethics and Compliance), and the Chief Financial Officer, and includes at least three members of the Corporate Executive Team appointed by the CEO. Other members include the General Counsel, Company Secretary and the Head of Audit & Assurance.
Additional members may be added by the ROCC Chairman from time to time as appropriate.
The ROCC assists the Audit & Risk Committee in its review of activities and helps to ensure that effective internal controls are implemented for all significant risks. The establishment of the ROCC was approved by our Board, guided by the Corporate Compliance Officer.
In accordance with its role, the Audit & Risk Committee reviews information and reports from the ROCC and in turn reports to our Board on these matters.
The ROCC is responsible for carrying out the following tasks:
- Ensure a robust process exists for the business to identify significant risks to which GSK is exposed
- Ensure Enterprise Risk Strategies are fit for purpose, root causes of significant incidents and adverse audit outcomes are understood, and effective corrective and preventive actions are implemented
- Escalate issues, critical audit findings or risks to the Corporate Executive Team and Audit & Risk Committee that require action or where significant exposure to GSK may exist
- Ensure effective communication and reporting of important risk and control information between other key risk committees, Corporate Executive Team and Audit & Risk Committee
- Deliver visible leadership in promoting GSK’s values as part of risk management
- Company Secretary
- Group Financial Controller
- President, Global Affairs
- Head of Investor Relations
- Head of Investor Relations US
- Head of Global External and Market Communications
- Associate General Counsel, Legal Operations-Business Development Transactions
- Head of Legal Operations (UK & US) Regional and Dermatology
- Assistant Company Secretary
Our external auditors
Our external legal advisers UK and US
Internal experts (including Head of Global Finance Reporting & Analysis)
The Disclosure Committee was established by the CEO and the CFO and has responsibility for considering the materiality of information (information that may affect our stock price), and determining on a timely basis the disclosure of this information. The committee meets as necessary.Back to top
More on governance
Information on reporting to shareholders, such as financial results which are announced on a quarterly basis in April, July, October and February
Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 established new standards for corporate accountability in the USA.
Global Compliance is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of practices that comply with laws and Group policy
At GSK we are committed to operating at the highest standards of corporate governance.
Board of Directors