Dr Vivienne Cox
Independent Non-Executive Director & Workforce Engagement Director
Dr Vivienne Cox - download image (JPG)
Vivienne was appointed as an Independent Non-Executive Director on 1 July 2016 and as Workforce Engagement Director on 1 January 2019.
Skills and experience
Vivienne has wide experience of business gained in the energy, natural resources and publishing sectors. She also has a deep understanding of regulatory organisations and government.
Vivienne worked for BP plc for 28 years, in Britain and Continental Europe, in posts including Executive Vice President and Chief Executive of BP’s gas, power and renewable business and its alternative energy unit. Vivienne was previously a Non-Executive Director of BG Group plc and Rio Tinto plc and the Lead Independent Director at the UK Government’s Department for International Development. Vivienne was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the 2016 New Year Honours for services to the UK Economy and Sustainability.
- Senior Independent Director, Pearson plc
- Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Vallourec
- Non-Executive Director, Stena AB
- Advisory Board Member, African Leadership Institute
- Vice President, Energy Institute
- Advisory Board Member, Montrose Associates
- Investment Advisor, QantX Ventures
- Chair, Rosalind Franklin Institute
- Vice Chair, Saïd Business School, Oxford and member of its Global Leadership Council
- Patron, Hospice of St Francis
Find out more
Speeches & presentations
Search through our archive of speeches and presentations from conferences and events
Discover our latest financial performance announcement and search for historical quarterly results materials
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is responsible for the group's system of corporate governance and is ultimately accountable for the group's activities, strategy, risk management and financial performance.
Corporate Executive Team
The Corporate Executive Team manages our activities, and each member is responsible for a specific part of the business