Manvinder Singh (Vindi) Banga
Senior Independent Director
Manvinder Singh (Vindi) Banga - download image (JPG)
Vindi was appointed as an Independent Non-Executive Director on 1 September 2015 and as Senior Independent Director on 5 May 2016.
Skills and experience
Vindi has many years of commercial experience and a track record of delivering outstanding performance in highly competitive global consumer-focused businesses.
Prior to joining GSK, Vindi spent 33 years at Unilever plc, where his last role (amongst several senior positions) was President of the Global Foods, Home and Personal Care businesses, and a member of the Unilever Executive Board. Vindi sat on the Prime Minister of India’s Council of Trade & Industry from 2004 to 2014 and was on the Board of Governors of the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad. Vindi is also the recipient of the Padma Bhushan, one of India’s highest civilian honours. Vindi has been a Non-Executive Director of the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) and Thomson Reuters Corp, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Mauser Group, Chairman of Kalle GmbH and Senior Independent Director of Marks & Spencer Group plc.
- Partner, Clayton Dubilier & Rice
- Director, High Ridge Brands Co
- Non-Executive Director, The Economist Newspaper Limited
- Member, Holdingham International Advisory Board
- Board Member, International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom
- Member, Governing Board of the Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
- Member, Global Leadership Council of Saïd Business School, Oxford
- Member, Indo UK CEO Forum
- Chair of the Board of Trustees, Marie Curie
Find out more
Speeches & presentations
Search through our archive of speeches and presentations from conferences and events
Discover our latest financial performance announcement and search for historical quarterly results materials
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is responsible for the group's system of corporate governance and is ultimately accountable for the group's activities, strategy, risk management and financial performance.
Corporate Executive Team
The Corporate Executive Team manages our activities, and each member is responsible for a specific part of the business